Leisure Scans - Disbanded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leisure Scans - Disbanded

Leisure Scans Is Now Disbanded. Thanks to everyone who has supported us this far.

HomeHome  Leisure ScansLeisure Scans  ~Contact Us~  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Farewell~ And maybe a new start for all of us?
Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:33 am by Ren

» Sakura Tsuushin 146!!!
Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:44 pm by Raine

» Recruiting Staff
Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:10 pm by Ren

» Release~! Finally! We're not dead yet!
Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 7:31 am by ^Lee^

» Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status
Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:39 am by Ren

» Projects to Come
Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:21 am by Ren

» Ongoing Projects
Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:49 am by Ashachan7

» Picking Up Sakura Tsuushin and some other issues...
Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:29 pm by atreyus20

» Current Projects
Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 4:28 pm by silvrwind

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 59 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:09 pm

Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status

Go down 
+2
Ren
silvrwind
6 posters
AuthorMessage
silvrwind
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
silvrwind

Number of posts : 261
Location : Saa~ Somewhere nice and quiet with tons of bishies xD
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Empty
PostSubject: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 2:20 am

Ok, so I thought I'd post something to let you know the current status with LS/BL. Maybe I've been too desperate, and picked staff up hastily. Those who do absolutely nothing know what I'm talking about, and those who work know how grateful I am to you guys.

You guys know which category you belong to.

I currently have 6-7 chapters translated, in desperate need of editing. About half of that is already cleaned, waiting to be typesetted. My typesetters are gone, without a single trace. I keep getting "I'll hand it to you asap" yet two weeks later I have absolutely no contact from them whatsoever.

I need editors, I need cleaners, I need typesetters. Hell, I need a whole new bunch of staff that will actually work. Leisure Scans started out to bring people manga at a leisurely pace, but leisurely doesn't mean snail.

I'm currently editing all the manga we have now by myself. I am not saying I'm not grateful to some of the staff. On the contrary, I am extremely grateful. You guys are the sole reason that Leisure Scans and Basement Leisure are still going on.

The translators have all worked extremely hard. But I get the feeling that the lack of release from the work they translated is getting to them, discouraging them. I can only do so much by myself in the editing department.

My staff have been disappearing, slowly but gradually. I need people to work with, I can't run this alone. I've been putting this off, stalling, hoping that the staff would come back and actually work. I've been hoping that they would actually turn in work, but to no avail.

To all the leechers, this is the reason that you have no release. I have been too lenient, and I am sorry for that.

So this is my decision. I am "firing" all the staff. Those who are still dedicated and wish to continue with me, please PM me. I'm tired of running after inactive people, literally begging them to work while they do absolutely nothing.

And yes, some may call me a hypocrite, saying I do no work myself, and that I am all talk, or even that I'm heartless, but I believe that using this method, I will be able to gather those that are dedicated, so that I can rely on them, instead of those that aren't.

Newcomers, please do apply if you want to help. I am always in need of help.

Leisure Scans/Basement Leisure isn't a solo, or two/three men team guys. There's only so much a small group can handle by themselves.
Back to top Go down
http://leisurescans.bravehost.com/index.html
Ren
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
Ren

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 2:29 am

As i have said, im trying to learn to edit.
But as i have said, i have not made much progress. i will surely be of help if i can do all of the jobs as back-up, too, right?

We have enough translators now, so imma try to help in another way.

Yeah, it is very discouraging when none of your translations get released.
You can't imagine how i felt when Adam No Junjou was first released. XD

Im with ya.

So just wait for me to learn some more stuff, ne?
Back to top Go down
http://www.renkuroi.livejournal.com
Doom
~*Lazy Leechers*~
~*Lazy Leechers*~
Doom

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 5:07 am

It seems this problem affects every team a day or another. I say this because I experienced a similar situation with EMS. For I haven't time nor technical skills I can't help you, except stating I understand your decision.
Back to top Go down
Ren
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
Ren

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 5:49 am

ey, why don't you learn n help us?
It's still your choice tho.

Well, thanks for the understanding =3=
we appreciate it

Also, could u help us by advertising us to some people?
Back to top Go down
StarlightDreams
~*Cute Noobs*~
~*Cute Noobs*~
StarlightDreams

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 3:21 pm

OMG. D:
I'm sorry Shiori. TT__TT I haven't done anything for LS in a LONG time because I've been out of state and preparing for Fate's anni.
BUT!!!!!!! You can work me to death after the anniversary~ xDD I can help clean so you can go back to just typesetting~ ^^
Or if you ever need any scans, if I can find them online, I'd be more than happy to buy them and scan them for you so you can have better scans. >.<
Back to top Go down
silvrwind
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
silvrwind

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 3:48 pm

:O Ok, send me a PM when you're ready to work again ^^
Back to top Go down
Ren
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
Ren

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:07 am

What's with that ':O' look?
...=3=
Back to top Go down
Minime
~*Seductive Queens*~
~*Seductive Queens*~

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:21 pm

-___- gomen.

Send me 10 pages to typesett (I know that's not a lot right now, sorry D:). I'll pm you too.
Hopefully that helps a little.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic summer!!

minime

EDITED

Last edited by Minime on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ren
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
Ren

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:29 am

OMG!!!! OMFG!!!!

MINIME'S BACK!
Back to top Go down
Minime
~*Seductive Queens*~
~*Seductive Queens*~

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 1:23 pm

*bows down* sorry sorry. Your reaction made me realize just how long I've been completely inactive. I can't promise that I'm going to be very active from now on, but I want to try to help if even just a little.

I told myself I wasn't going to make any excuses, but I have to say that preparing for exams for college and making sure I get enough credits to graduate is really time consuming.

Everyone is doing well, though? : ]

Shiori. o.o You're mad at me, aren't you?
Crying or Very sad

minime
Back to top Go down
Raine
~*Seductive Queens*~
~*Seductive Queens*~
Raine

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 2:49 pm

you can send me any pages that need to be typesetted:)
oh and i was wondering...r u guys ok with advertising recruitments on other websites?
Back to top Go down
silvrwind
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
silvrwind

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:49 pm

Um..you mean advertising other sites on this forum? Or vice versa? I'm ok with you advertising other sites...but keep it to a min. I don't want to see ads all over the place, especially not in our releases/downloads section...

But otherwise I would say it's fair game~

And...Minime, I'm not exactly mad per say. I mean...I am a bit put off that you would be inactive and leave all the work to me...while not saying anything, but if I was to be mad at you, I'd have to be mad at 8 other people, so no, I'm not mad. I do wish people would leave me some kind of message before they poof...but I guess that's life~
Back to top Go down
Ren
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
Ren

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 8:53 am

SHIORI! we have 3 admins! WTH?!
Back to top Go down
silvrwind
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
silvrwind

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 1:57 pm

XD my bad ^^;; Added wrong ranks *silly me*
Back to top Go down
Minime
~*Seductive Queens*~
~*Seductive Queens*~

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 4:58 pm

@Shiori:
Ah okay... then I'll go ahead and say that I'm not going to be extremely active. I'll just be popping in every now and then to help a little bit and/or post most likely. Often absent still applies. -_-

I pmed you but I don't know if you got it. I can help with a couple pages of typesetting right now so email me or something if you decide to assign anything. I think starting August, I'll be studying my butt off.

minime

P.S. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Ren
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
Ren

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:30 am

Sighs.

Well, hope you will become more active later on, ne?

Actually, i think Shi-chi also likes to be the head..alone sometimes. LOL

No offense.
Back to top Go down
silvrwind
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
silvrwind

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 7:01 pm

Heh, I'm fine with running it alone, I just hate so much work Razz I wish there was a way I could just sit around and order people around, mwahahaha

XD
Back to top Go down
Ren
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
Ren

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:35 am

Did someone delete my 'why does it sound like im someone important? not intended!' kind of post?....= =
Not cool
Back to top Go down
silvrwind
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
silvrwind

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:36 am

I did..xD No double posting! You're a staff!
Back to top Go down
Ren
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
Ren

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:39 am

wait......we're not allowed that? OMIGOSH.

I NVR KNEW!!

....= =...Ok i did.....i forgot....no i didnt...did I?...yes....no....

Anyways, it doesn't apply in my realm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status   Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status
Page 1 of 1