Leisure Scans - Disbanded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leisure Scans - Disbanded

Leisure Scans Is Now Disbanded. Thanks to everyone who has supported us this far.

HomeHome  Leisure ScansLeisure Scans  ~Contact Us~  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Farewell~ And maybe a new start for all of us?
Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:33 am by Ren

» Sakura Tsuushin 146!!!
Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:44 pm by Raine

» Recruiting Staff
Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:10 pm by Ren

» Release~! Finally! We're not dead yet!
Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 7:31 am by ^Lee^

» Leisure Scan / Basement Leisure's Status
Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:39 am by Ren

» Projects to Come
Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:21 am by Ren

» Ongoing Projects
Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:49 am by Ashachan7

» Picking Up Sakura Tsuushin and some other issues...
Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:29 pm by atreyus20

» Current Projects
Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 4:28 pm by silvrwind

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 59 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:09 pm

Taking suggestions

Go down 
+3
rensei_chan
jukebox_csi
silvrwind
7 posters
AuthorMessage
silvrwind
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
silvrwind

Number of posts : 261
Location : Saa~ Somewhere nice and quiet with tons of bishies xD
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Ok guys...

Basement Leisure needs projects NOW! We have a willing tler, cleaner, and tser, NOW WE NEED A PROJECT!!!!!!! You guys wanna see all those sexy guys right? SO SUGGEST US A PROJECT!!!!!!

It has to be:
Yaoi -duh!
Not actively *6 months or more* scanlated / or not scanlated at all
non-licensed - some exceptions
Back to top Go down
http://leisurescans.bravehost.com/index.html
jukebox_csi
~*Cute Noobs*~
~*Cute Noobs*~

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:18 pm

New York New York by Ragawa Marimo. It's a 4 volume series that was only partially scanlated before the group disbanded. There are many that would love for some group to finish it (or even start from the beginning - I think the original group didn't translate sfx and the scans were not that great, it was a looooooooooong time ago).

Info on the series
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2654

PLEEEEEEEEASE consider it! *begs*
Back to top Go down
rensei_chan
~*Rebellious Angels*~
~*Rebellious Angels*~
rensei_chan

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Count 0   Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 4:26 am

Hi there

Could I suggest 'Count 0'?

Summary:
After an accident, Adzuma discovers that he can see numbers above people's heads, numbers that indicate the number of lies the person has told. Due to this, he finds it hard to trust anyone. Until one day, he comes across someone with a perfect 0.
[summary from Baka-Updates Manga. Link--> Count 0 by YUMA Satoru ]

It hasn't been taken by anyone, started in the year 2007, hasn't been liscened and sounds absolutely adorable. It has one volume that is complete but has not been scanlated at all yet.

I would love if you guys could consider this project.

Last edited by rensei_chan on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rensei_chan
~*Rebellious Angels*~
~*Rebellious Angels*~
rensei_chan

Number of posts : 61

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Adam no Junjou   Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 4:37 am

This is just another one that I was thinking of

Adam no Junjou also known as Adam's Innocence.

There's no description, the artist and author are both YUMA Satoru. Created in the year 2006.

I'm surprised that no-one has tried to claim this manga. It seems extremely sweet.

It has one volume which has been completed but no scanlated at all yet.

Link: Adam no Junjou
Back to top Go down
Leliel
~*Lazy Leechers*~
~*Lazy Leechers*~
Leliel

Number of posts : 2

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:14 am

I would suggest a story that stands out from the usual yaoi manga because it's a sure way to make yourself known as a group... so, either a manga in several tomes or pretty original short work would be great.

Here's my take, I checked and each manga corresponds to what you want :

Animal X, dropped by Doki Doki when the group disbanded :
http://www.aragami.org/animalx3.php

The series is already well-known (because y'know, yaoi with PLOT...) and just needs to be finished.
There's even some people wanting to help from other groups ( http://community.livejournal.com/animal_ex/ ) !

Less intimidating maybe is stories with super cute and interesting characters : Shampoo by FUJITANI Youko ( http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=16139 ) ; Ive seen her manga Aishiteru recced many times and if this one is just as good and popular it should be a hit.

The only un-scanlated and un-licenced manga by the popular author of Rin! Honami Yukine : Flower corporation ( http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=17561 )

Another only work left unscanlated by a great author : Kimi no Tsuku Uso to Hontou ( http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3250 ), but this one was licensed, then apparently dropped.

Green Peace ( http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=13611 ), by Kitazawa Kyon is beautifully drawn and give a beautiful insight on its characters' minds.

Other successes for sure : works by Yamada Yugi or Suzuki Tsuta ; that is if no other groups snatch them first... ^^p

You could also choose a more original mangaka like Meiji Kanako ( http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=1069 ) with Utsushimi no Te, netsu dendou or Kimochi no Yukue for instance - slightly less cute but gorgeous illustrations and more deep and mature stories (and smexy).

With that you'll stand out fore sure !
I hope it helps ... ^_^
Back to top Go down
jukebox_csi
~*Cute Noobs*~
~*Cute Noobs*~

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 9:44 am

Another only work left unscanlated by a great author : Kimi no Tsuku Uso to Hontou ( http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3250 ), but this one was licensed, then apparently dropped.

Actually, this was not dropped. DQ published both volumes (I own both of them).

But, I do agree with you on the 'books that will make you stand out' and 'those with a plot'. That's why I definitely believe that New York New York would be the right choice, because it is a moving multi-volume melodrama that follows the lifelong relationship between a New York police officer, who has hidden his homosexuality, and his younger boyfriend, who is an orphan with a troubled past. The strength of devotion between the characters as they face many challenges is expertly portrayed by Ragawa. The series has been licensed in European countries, where it has been popular and praised, and I do believe it should be brought to English speaking audiences as well.

I also would love to see a group finish Animal X. There's only 5 volumes left to scanlate in the 16 vol series.

BTW, Green Piece is on the future list for the group Blissful Sin
Back to top Go down
Leliel
~*Lazy Leechers*~
~*Lazy Leechers*~
Leliel

Number of posts : 2

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:28 am

Thanks for the good news ! I tend to despair when I don't see my favortite manga quickly published/scanlated ; and hadn't checked on those two recently, so that's great news !

As for New York New York, well... to be honest it's been licensed and published in my language (french), that's why I didn't mention it ^^p.
Back to top Go down
silvrwind
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
silvrwind

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:26 pm

Mwahahaha, you guys are awesome, I'll take a look at the suggestions =P

Edit: Ok guys, I think you might wanna know that I have decided to take Adam no Junjou and Flower Corporation as projects =P So look forward to those.
Back to top Go down
jukebox_csi
~*Cute Noobs*~
~*Cute Noobs*~

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:21 pm

Ah, you went for the cute and fluffy. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be nice. We'll look forward to it.

Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
david_holmes
~*Cute Noobs*~
~*Cute Noobs*~

Number of posts : 16

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:51 am

Adam no Junjou is absolutely totally cute!! Great choice!

I'm so glad I'll get to see English scans of it aside from reading the Japanese original.

I would suggest a ton as well but I have no idea where to start. I second "Shampoo". I've never read it as I don't have the Japanese raw but from the one Fujitani-sensei work I've read, sensei is good with fluff and touching romances.

Way to go!!
Back to top Go down
lovemode
~*Cute Noobs*~
~*Cute Noobs*~

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:06 am

Hehe, I suggest Demian Syndrome starting from vol 3 onwards. You know this manga is really really fantastic but was dropped by Storm in Heaven. It has been a year since the last chap - chap 1 of vol 3 was released No No
Back to top Go down
sa4shu
~*Lazy Leechers*~
~*Lazy Leechers*~
sa4shu

Number of posts : 1

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:31 am

Flower Corporation!! cheers

I love Honami Yukine and 2-14 Jiken and Venus Kiss belong to my favorites.
I've been looking at the raws for the middle story, but sadly couldn't make much sense out of it... Sad

So 'm really really happy, you're taking on this task, thank you! <3
Back to top Go down
david_holmes
~*Cute Noobs*~
~*Cute Noobs*~

Number of posts : 16

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:49 am

If you guys are still looking for or taking projects, I found one that looks very nice.

Since I love Kitabetbu Nika-sensei's stuff a lot, I thought I could suggest this. Kanashii Izumi by Kitabetbu-sensei.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=39196

It's a compilation of short stories but the one I think look really cute is the one between the crying useless blond seme you see on the cover and the spectacled black-haired uke (I have a weakness for black-haired ukes...). I just love sappy, crying and useless (ヘタレ)semes!! They're just so adorable.^^

Sadly, I don't have scans nor is it available on internet yet (but I have seen it on eMule...) but looks cute! Sensei's other stuff is really awesome so perhaps this will be cute too!

Last edited by david_holmes on Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : felt like adding)
Back to top Go down
silvrwind
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
~*Elegant Goddesses*~
silvrwind

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:32 am

Thanks alot for all the suggestions peoples! We are not taking anymore suggestions at this point so I shall lock this topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Leisure Scans - Disbanded :: Announcements, Rules, Help, etc. :: Announcements-
Jump to: